To lock your lost Android device, you can use the website or application of Android Device Manager. You can use a computer, laptop or another device that is connected to internet so that you can access the Android device manager app or website.
Lock and Erase from the Android Device Manager Website
Follow the steps below to activate Android device manager lock and erase through the website;
1. Firstly, sign in to Google Account on the website Android.com/devicemanager
2. Click an arrow besides the device name, so you can select the lost device. You will see the device’s location in the Android Device Manager.
3. Turn on the Lock & Erase option and then the device will be locked automatically even you haven’t set a password for it yet. Besides, all of data in the device will be erased permanently but not the data inside the SD card. Then the Android Device Manager will not work inside the device anymore.
Lock and Erase from the Android Device Manager Application
To use this application, you certainly should have the app installed in the device that is going to use. You can do the Android Device Manager lock and Erase remotely and then erase the data stored inside the device’s account.
1. Open the app in the device you use.
2. Sign in to the Google Account of yours. If you are going to open another account, tap the Device Manager and then Guest to sign in.
3. Select the lost device by tapping an arrow besides the device name and the device’s location will appear.
4. Choose the Lock & Erase option. Then the remote lost device will be locked automatically. The data of Google Account inside the device will be erased too so that it can’t be accessed by anyone even though it has been successfully opened.